Featuring the unique "ScienceToday" monthly magazine published by Times of India, during 1966-1991.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chandrayaan, MIP, and Moon

Today, all the media celebrates the BIG NEWS. The news about Chandrayaan, MIP and the Moon. Yesterday ( Children's day ! Diabetes day ! ! ) at 8.31 PM, the MIP was dropped on to the Moon, from the Chandrayaan. According to ISRO, everything is successful... , justifying the popular ISRO terminology - "text book flight".
But, what interests me most today, is the media coverage of this historic moment. I had a quick look into some of the newspapers. All of them (except Business Line, from the Hindu Group) had the lead title about Chandrayan and MIP.
Let me just reproduce some of the newspapers, just to show how they put the historical moment and great achievement for India.

I have reproductions from The Hindu, Indian Express, Malayala Manorama, and Mathrubhoomi. Please have a look.






Indian Express : Tri-Color on Moon














Malayala Manorama : "Grahapravesham'
[ entry to planet }














Mathrubhoomi : Tri-colour on Moon














The Hindu : India leaves its footprint on Moon.











As I hinted above, 'Business Line' (a business news paper, from Hindu group ) did not even make a mention of this great achievement. ( I spent a lot of time, searching for atleast a one-line mention in the remotest corner of the paper. I am disappointed. May be that BusineesLine could not see any business in Chandrayaan, MIP or the Moon !! ).


I shall put my researched glimpses of the initial Moon missions, with reference to ST(2001), in a couple of days , here.

No comments: