Featuring the unique "ScienceToday" monthly magazine published by Times of India, during 1966-1991.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Solution to Puzzles

How about posting solutions to the puzzles ? If you feel that you need the solutions too, I can post them. However, I want you to think over the puzzle and attempt to solve. Its a fact that most of these puzzles are simple, and that you may not need anyone to tell you its solutions. However, if you really need the solutions, I shall start posting them. But after two or three days ! Is that Ok ?  What do you say ??

And now, Puzzle of the day !

P8
0667  091007

A man visits his friend and says, “if you will lend me the amount of money I have in my pocket, I will pay you the Rs. 10 I already owe you”. The friend obliges, and is paid the previous debt. The man then visits a second friend from whom he succeeds in borrowing an amount of money equal to that in his pocket, and pays him Rs. 10 for an already outstanding debt. This procedure he repeats on two more occasions and having paid two more outstanding debts of Rs. 10 each , leaves with nothing in his pocket. What is the total amount he now owes his four friends ?

No comments: